We hope you have had a chance to begin exploring the International Detailing Association's newly redesigned website, www.the-ida.com. The changes we have made are meant to improve service to our members and enhance the overall user experience. One of these changes is a revamped member dashboard. Take a look at the graphic and explanations below for a quick navigational tour of the new features.
Click here to see the full size image
- Upon logging in to the Member Community, you will be directed to your dashboard. You can always return to the front end of the website by clicking the IDA logo in the upper left corner.
- The navigational menu consists of the following items: My Feed (social posts), My Profile (manage your public profile), Directory (member search), Messages (private conversations with fellow members), Connections (followers and members you are following), Groups (all groups of which you are a part), and Quick Links (see next item).
- The Quick Links menu includes the most popular IDA features and webpages for easy access: the home page, certification, upcoming webinars schedule, webinar recordings, the volunteer page, the members-only Facebook group, our forums, newsletter archives, and our policies.
- Your dashboard's default page is "My Feed", where you can post updates, share pictures, ask questions, like/comment on colleagues' posts — essentially everything you love about other social media platforms without the non-detailing clutter! All posts should adhere to the IDA Social Media policy.
- The sidebar is made up of three sections: important IDA Announcements, your engagement level (based on how frequently you contribute to the Member Community through posts and comments), and a list of leading contributors.
- Finally, by clicking on the caret next to your name in the upper right corner, you will reveal a dropdown menu, from which you can access your Account & Settings, your Invoices (including Event Registrations and Membership Dues), or sign out of your account.
We know there are many new aspects of the website, so we will continue following up in the coming days and weeks with more information on how to best use all of the updated features.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback.
International Detailing Association