About the Recognized Trainer Center Program:
There are many qualifications a facility needs to meet — along with a rigorous vetting process — to be awarded the prestigious title of IDA Recognized Training Center (RTC).
The purpose of the RTC program is to provide IDA members with a high-quality, well-equipped training center to assist in their detailing education.
To qualify for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Owner must be an active member of the IDA and an IDA Certified Detailer - Skills Validated.
- Operate an established facility, housing at least one training bay and classroom (Note: If operating multiple facilities, each individual facility must qualify).
- Head trainer must be an IDA Recognized Trainer (CD-SV, RT).
- Assistant trainers must be Skills Validated (CD-SV).
- Offer regular curriculum.
- Be open to the public.
- Host at least two IDA Certification Events, either Phase I (CD) or Phase II (SV), per year.
If your facility meets the above criteria and you are interested in applying to become an RTC, please login to your profile to access and complete the RTC application. Along with the application, you must also submit the following materials:
- A video/virtual tour or pictures of facility for committee review.
- Four letters of recommendation from students who have taken your course(s) within the last year.
- A one-page summary of the history of the training center.