IDA Website Spotlight: Micro-Volunteering Opportunities
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Small Contributions = Big Impact
Have you been looking for a way to get more involved with the IDA but don't have the time to serve on a committee? Want to share your skills and knowledge but not sure where to start? Try one of our micro-volunteering opportunities!
These are volunteer projects that won't take up much of your valuable time – and can be a one-time thing or done on a reoccurring basis – but will still let you contribute to your professional association in a meaningful way. Opportunities include
blog writing, video creation, presenting a webinar, staffing a tradeshow booth, and more. Give back to your detailing community at your convenience!
Interested in learning more? Follow the steps below to join the new Micro-Volunteering Group, and subscribe to the blog to stay up to date with all the latest micro-volunteering opportunities!
1. Visit https://the-ida.com/group/volunteers. You must be signed in as an active, dues-paying member to access and join the group.
2. In the upper right corner, click “Join Group”.
3. There will be a popup asking, “Are you sure you want to join this group?” Click “OK”.
4. If you are an active member, you will be automatically accepted into the group and will be redirected to the Micro-Volunteering Group home page.
5. Read the group “Welcome” note, which explains how to effectively participate in the group.
6. On the right-hand side, there is a list of IDA Staff Liaisons you can contact if you have any questions about the volunteer opportunities listed – or if you have other ideas about getting involved with the IDA!
7. Scroll down to the "Blog Activity" section, where you’ll find all the latest volunteer opportunities listed, starting with the most recent.
8. Click on a posting title to learn more about the opportunity (top arrow in image above).
9. Each opportunity includes additional staff contact information if you have any questions.
10. To be notified when a new opportunity is posted, you should subscribe to the group blog.
a. From the Blog Activity list, you can “Subscribe” under any of the ads (bottom arrow in image above).
b. From any individual post, you can “Subscribe” at the top of the listing.
11. There will be a popup asking, “Are you sure you want to subscribe?” Click “OK”.
12. Once you’re subscribed, you will receive an email notification each time a new opportunity is posted.
13. If desired, you can unsubscribe at any time, either from an individual post or from your profile.
a. From a post, click “Unsubscribe” at the top of the listing.
b. To unsubscribe from your profile, visit https://the-ida.com/members/blog_subscriptions.asp (Account + Settings >> Information & Settings >> Blog Subscriptions),
then click the red X button under “Options”.
14. From this page, you can also subscribe to blog comments to stay up to date on the conversations around volunteer opportunities. Click the yellow conversation bubble button.
15. To unsubscribe from comments, click the conversation bubble button again (which is now green).
16. If you find an opportunity that’s the right fit for you, comment on the corresponding blog post and a staff member will be notified of your interest. Or you can reach out directly to the staff listed on the post if you have questions about the
17. An IDA staff member will follow up with you about the specific project details, and you can get started right away!
Your time and effort are both greatly appreciated! Thank you for contributing to the IDA!