IDA Website Spotlight: Meet and Greets
Monday, January 20, 2020
Do you enjoy sharing the benefits of the IDA? Do you love bringing people together? Then you should host an IDA Meet and Greet! These local and regional events are meant to bring together detailing professionals to discuss industry hot topics and encourage membership and participation in our association.
One of the biggest Meet and Greets of the year is held annually at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, and in 2019 we had our highest turnout yet! We also held a Meet & Greet at the first annual MTE Vegas, which brought together a new group of detailers from the west coast who aren’t typically able to attend the MTE show in Florida.
Meet and Greets are also good options if you want to celebrate a special occasion such as a new shop opening, the formation of a new IDA Chapter, or similarly exciting happenings in your community.
While many members hold Meet and Greets in conjunction with Certification Events, tradeshows, or other meetings, a Meet and Greet can easily be a standalone gathering too. All you need to decide is the date, the time, and the location!
Once you have the details, you just need to submit the event application on the IDA website. You can find the form on your member group page (login >> Groups >> Members) or click here to access it directly. Fill out the required information, and don’t forget to include RSVP instructions for your guests. (Please note: the IDA will not take or track registration on your behalf.)
If you are excited and ready to host a Meet and Greet, be sure to adhere to the following policy when planning your event:
- Both the host and the facility – if the location is a detailing business – must be members in good standing of the IDA.
- The host must use a portion of the event to talk about IDA membership, webinars, certifications, or other IDA offerings.
- Any demonstrations or presentations at the event are to be brand-neutral (no product promotion or brand bashing).
- RSVPs for an event are to be collected by the host or facility.
- The event must be free to attend. If food and beverages are available for purchase only, this cost must be disclosed in the event advertisements.
- IDA requests that you document your event with photos/videos to share on social media. Tag us on Facebook and Instagram, and use #IDAdetailers.
Help unite detailing professionals! Sign up to host a Meet and Greet event in your community today!
If you can't host your own event, check out the current Meet and Greet schedule
, and plan to attend an upcoming event in your area.